Now and then we like to update you on poetry submission deadlines for Cascadia-based publications.
NOTE 1: This list does not include contests.
NOTE 2: This is not a list of all the literary publications in the region, only those with open or nearly-open submissions. To see more, see the NW lit scene links in the sidebar at right.
NOTE 3: Read the publication and read the guidelines before submitting. Please.
Here’s the latest:
- Burnside Review is accepting poetry through February 28, 2018.
- Cascadia Review reads submissions year round.
- The Cascadia Subduction Zone reads submissions year round.
- Cirque Journal deadline for Cirque #18 (Summer) issue is March 21, 2018.
- Clover, A Literary Rag Submit stories, poems, and essays until April 30,2018 for the 15th edition.
- EVENT accepts submissions year round.
- Geist accepts work (by postal mail only) with a Canadian connection year round.
- Gramma reads submissions year-round for Daily Gramma.
- High Desert Journal reviews submissions from residents of the interior West year round.
- Image Journal and the Good Letters blog accept submissions year round.
- Isthmus is open for submissions.
- Moss is open for submissions.
- Pacifica Literary Review general submission period is open year-round.
- PageBoy Magazine seeks submissions for an issue devoted exclusively to 17 word poems, deadline March 15, 2018.
- Pif Magazine is open for submissions.
- Poetry Northwest welcomes unsolicited submissions of poetry, original or in translation, through March 15, 2018.
- PRISM international accepts submissions year round.
- The Raven Chronicles will accept submissions for Vol. 26, Theme: LAST Call (literally!), March 1 – April 30, 2018.
- Ricepaper accepts submissions from Asian-Canadian writers; current theme: Found In Translation, deadline: March 31, 2018.
- Room Magazine open call, deadline: April 30, 2018.
- The Seattle Review accepts long-form submissions, February 1 – May 1, 2018.
- Shark Reef reading for summer edition through March 31, 2018.
- Silk Road Review reads submissions year round.
- StringTown reads submissions year round.
- subTerrain Issue #80 (Summer/Fall 18) Theme: Margins, will be open March 26 – June 8, 2018.
- Sweet Tree Review submissions open through March 18, 2018.
- Switched-on Gutenberg issue 25 on the theme Change open through April 30, 2018.
- Timberline Review theme for Issue #7 is Rebirth, deadline April 30, 2018.
- Tin House accepts submissions in March.
- Willow Springs poetry submissions open between September 1 and May 31.
via O, pen